Dentures in Bolingbrook, IL
Dentures are a removable replacement option for all or some of your missing teeth. Your dentist in Bolingbrook, IL will custom-fit dentures for your mouth and consult with you on how to properly clean and maintain your dentures. Dentures are often used for replacing your teeth when dental implants are not an option. Dentures are custom-made specifically for each patient. A dental impression is taken of your mouth and is sent to a dental laboratory for your denture to be made.
Partial dentures are a basic option to replace multiple missing teeth in your mouth. A partial denture rests on a metal framework that attaches to your natural teeth. Your natural teeth act as an anchor for the partial denture to stay in place. A partial denture is a removable alternative to a bridge.
Call Trinity Dental in Bolingbrook, IL today to discuss your teeth replacement options.
How long do dentures last?
Throughout your lifetime, your denture will need to be relined, remade, or rebased due to wear that occurs each day. Relining or rebasing is the process of reshaping the denture to make sure it is comfortable and functional for your needs. As you age, your mouth naturally changes and reshapes which may cause your dentures to loosen. Loose dentures may irritate your gums and wiggle when you are chewing. This is why it’s so important to see Dr. Azalea for your recommended checkups when you have dentures!
Tips to care for your dentures:
- Brush your dentures twice a day to remove food, plaque and bacteria from the surface of them. This will also help prevent them from staining.
- When cleaning your dentures, stand over a full sink of water or a towel to prevent dentures from breaking if dropped.
- Brush your gums, roof of your mouth and tongue to prevent any bacteria from building up in your mouth. Fungal infections are common with denture wearers due to not keeping the mouth clean.
- Always keep the dentures in a soaking solution or plain water. If the dentures dry out or hot water is used, they can warp and change shape.
- See your dentist in Bolingbrook, IL on your recommended recall to make sure your dentures don’t break, chip, crack, become loose, or cause irritations.